Time: 1:10 p.m.
- my knee hurts.
- waking up can be painful.
- I found a book full of old stories I wrote in high school last night and I sat on the floor reading them and alternatively laughing and cringing at the shit I thought to write, while listening to 'the score' by the fugees, which I hadn't listened to in some time, and the cd player skipped on 'manifest'.
- I'm rebuilding my computer at work.
- french bread
- file extensions for AIFF audio files can be either .aif or aiff but I like .aif better cuz it's concise
- air circulation
- metrocards v. automobiles
- coffee (only this time I mean the kind you get in a cup fresh, v. above, where I meant the kind in a bag, in like beans)
- when I dug the notebook of old writing out, I also discovered my old stuffed frog, deep within the box I'd brought up from my attic in Boston; and the frog, which was pretty much my 'security blanket' type physical object from years maybe 8 to 11, was completely shredded and quite possibly mouse-eaten, and seeing this old ratty thing that used to give me the comfort that allowed me to sleep at night in such a dilapidated state made me laugh hysterically, fo'real.
- iced tea
- 'invisible man', ellison
- 'tropic of cancer', miller
- 'subculuture: the meaning of style', hebdige
- three plays by kobo abe
- ana menditienda
- how one actually spells 'ana menditienda'
- orbit brand chewing gum
- maqui and the fact that she returns from hawaii today and might in fact call me on the fone
- the utter pointlessness of self-pity v. the bizarre internal appeal of the emotional state it offers
- illustrator 10 v. illustrator 9
- the fact that using elaborate language gratuitously could be considered a parallel w/ the way people built massive cathedrals back in the day, e.g. as a demonstration of technical prowess disguised as a much nobler waste of effort, except for the fact that the parallel completely breaks down when one considers the fact that you can sit there for hours and hours making 'nice' sentences but no one will ever plunk down their 5 euros to see 'em the way they will at notre dame
- appropriation as a fact of intellectual life in this crazy modern world
- mcdonalds food and the horrid manner in which you're forced to succumb to it when you pull off the highway to a rest stop
- hot links I forgot to mention recently in that other list:
- the new php object oriented functionality and when it will get out of alpha, already
- cleaning up the kitchen
- whether I should really give up on trying to meet girls, becuz the catch-22 with that seems to be that I always meet girls right after I have honestly and truly convinced myself that it's not worth it to try and meet girls; so if I conciously attempt to convince myself that meeting girls is a bad idea for the express purpose of having fate throw some girls my way it won't work; cuz I have to really really believe it, and so what to do, basically, hrm.
- people I should call back, email, otherwise communicate with
- whether I'll actually go to san fransisco at the end of august, as I've been telling people, or whether I'll just bum around new york some more annoying my freinds who live there
- the fact that a good deal of my friends will seriously think it's massively uncool if I tell them that I recently saw 'goldmember', the new austin powers hit movie
- the garbage disposal in my sink
- the way my ass hurts when I sit on my windowsill and read a book in the sunset in my apartment in troy new york
- getting some work done v. making a big list in diaryland
- eating food